The Data-Driven Institute (2018-2019)
- Created the web presence for this entity that is focused on helping policymakers get to effective policy and program creation. https://www.data-driven.institute/
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (2016-2018)
- Created the data and visualization web assets that delivered the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) annually. The GBD results tool(http://ghdx.healthdata.org/gbd-results-tool) provides access to the final results and the data visualization tools (http://www.healthdata.org/gbd/data-visualizations) provide easy ways to interrogate the data.
- Led the effort to create the Android and iOS mobile applications for accessing country-level GBD data. http://www.healthdata.org/healthatlas
Department of Commerce (2015-2016)
- Co-led the creation of a startup within the Department, The Commerce Data Service, which was focused on accelerating the use and optimization of open data within the Department’s bureaus.
- Led and successfully delivered on fifteen data products and services; many of these offerings have received national and international acclaim. These products and services include: The Commerce Data Usability Project, The Commerce Data Academy, the MIDAAS Income Inequality project, the Hack The Pay Gap project, the Opportunity project, and the New Exporters project. More at http://bit.ly/DOC-yr.
The White House (2014-2015)
- Facilitated the vision and developed the backend infrastructure for the Sweat and Toil app (https://www.dol.gov/general/apps/ilab) for the US Department of Labor. This app received the Department’s highest honor for innovation.
- Co-Led the creation, deployment and improvement of the US Census CitySDK (https://uscensusbureau.github.io/citysdk/). This initiative received multiple awards inside and outside the Department.
Startups and Consulting (2012 - 2014)
- Developed the web presence for Hippantrepeneurs (http://www.hipaantrepreneurs.com/), Di-PaSS (http://www.di-pass.com/), PSP 2014 (http://privacysecurityinprogramming.com/), BDSP 2014 (http://www.bigdatasecurityprivacyworkshop.com/), Proficiency Labs UK (http://www.proficiencylabs.co.uk/), EqualityTV, and Proficiency Labs International (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/).
IBM Research (2003-2012)
- Authored books on Security, Privacy, Trust Management, and Love https://www.amazon.com/Tyrone-Grandison/e/B00J0H3UFQ
- Developed and commercialized Hippocratic database privacy technology (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/hippocratic-database-technology.html)
- Invented and piloted technology to improve emergency access to database systems (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/prima-privacy-management-architecture.html).
- Created and deployed RFID Traceability technology (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/rfid-traceability.html).
- Piloted e-discovery solutions (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/electronic-discovery--supervision.html).
- Developed personalized healthcare management systems (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/health-e-assistant.html).
- Created secure and privacy-preserving mobile-to-mobile collaboration technologies (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/infinity.html).
- Developed end-to-end supply chain traceability solutions for the transportation and logistics industry (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/shipment-information-sharing-services-siss.html).
- Created technologies for privacy-preserving social network analysis (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/privacy-preserving-social-network-analysis.html).
- Developed technologies to combine multiple information sources in real-time to get the pulse of the Internet on a particular issue (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/sound-index.html).
- Created a data ingestion pipeline for structured and non-structured data (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/mongoose.html).
- Piloted solution for forensic technologies for cloud computing systems (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/cloud-forensics.html).