- Black in X (2021-)
- Created the website and web assets for the Black in X organization. http://www.BlackInX.org
- New Voices in Science, Engineering and Medicine (2019-)
- Founding Member and co-created the website for this non-profit affiliate of the National Academies that is tasked with added diverse voices to science policy advocacy. https://www.NewVoicesNASEM.org
- Created multiple language-specific Artificial Intelligence chatbots for COVID-19 information from trustworthy sources, e.g. Jennifer at http://bit.ly/JenniferAI, Sofia at https://bit.ly/SofíaAI
- Seattle Human Rights Commission (2019-)
- Built the Web infrastructure and presence for this volunteer Board for the City of Seattle. https://www.seattlehumanrights.org
- The Data-Driven Institute (2018-)
- Created the web presence for this entity that is focused on helping policymakers get to effective policy and program creation. https://www.data-driven.institute/
- Noah Salon (2021)
- Re-designed and re-implemented the web presence and data infrastructure for Noah Salon in Seattle, Washington at http://www.noahsalon.net
- MStreetX (2020)
- Co-founded the initiative and created the web assets and technology strategy for the company at http://www.mstreetx.com
- The TeleHealth Market (2020)
- Co-founded the initiative and created the web presence at http://www.thetelehealthmarket.com
- Cambia Grove (2020)
- Founded the initiative and created HL7 FHIR Resource specification for long term care applications at https://github.com/tyronegrandison/ltc_cap
- The Human Collaborative (2020)
- Co-founded the initiative and created the web assets for http://www.thehumancollaborative.org
- Pearl (2020)
- Black in Computing (2020)
- Co-founded the initiative and co-created the web assets for http://blackincomputing.org
- Black in Engineering (2020)
- Co-founded the initiative and co-created the web assets for https://blackinengineering.org
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (2016-2018)
- Created the data and visualization web assets that delivered the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) annually. The GBD results tool (http://ghdx.healthdata.org/gbd-results-tool) provides access to the final results and the data visualization tools (http://www.healthdata.org/gbd/data-visualizations) provide easy ways to interrogate the data.
- Led the effort to create the Android and iOS mobile applications for accessing country-level GBD data. http://www.healthdata.org/healthatlas
Department of Commerce (2015-2016)
- Co-led the creation of a startup within the Department, The Commerce Data Service, which was focused on accelerating the use and optimization of open data within the Department’s bureaus.
- Led and successfully delivered on fifteen data products and services; many of these offerings have received national and international acclaim. These products and services include: The Commerce Data Usability Project, The Commerce Data Academy, the MIDAAS Income Inequality project, the Hack The Pay Gap project, the Opportunity project, and the New Exporters project. More at http://bit.ly/DOC-yr.
The White House (2014-2015)
- Facilitated the vision and developed the backend infrastructure for the Sweat and Toil app (https://www.dol.gov/general/apps/ilab) for the US Department of Labor. This app received the Department’s highest honor for innovation.
- Co-Led the creation, deployment and improvement of the US Census CitySDK (https://uscensusbureau.github.io/citysdk/). This initiative received multiple awards inside and outside the Department.
- Co-created Help Girls of Color (http://helpgirlsofcolor.org) to highlight the school-to-prison pipeline issue; working with the White Council for Women and Girls.
Startups and Consulting (2012 - 2014)
- Developed the web presence for Hippantrepeneurs (http://www.hipaantrepreneurs.com/), Di-PaSS (http://www.di-pass.com/), PSP 2014 (http://privacysecurityinprogramming.com/), BDSP 2014 (http://www.bigdatasecurityprivacyworkshop.com/), Proficiency Labs UK (http://www.proficiencylabs.co.uk/), EqualityTV, and Proficiency Labs International (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/).
IBM Research (2003-2012)
- Authored books on Security, Privacy, Trust Management, and Love https://www.amazon.com/Tyrone-Grandison/e/B00J0H3UFQ
- Developed and commercialized Hippocratic database privacy technology (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/hippocratic-database-technology.html)
- Invented and piloted technology to improve emergency access to database systems (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/prima-privacy-management-architecture.html).
- Created and deployed RFID Traceability technology (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/rfid-traceability.html).
- Piloted e-discovery solutions (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/electronic-discovery--supervision.html).
- Developed personalized healthcare management systems (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/health-e-assistant.html).
- Created secure and privacy-preserving mobile-to-mobile collaboration technologies (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/infinity.html).
- Developed end-to-end supply chain traceability solutions for the transportation and logistics industry (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/shipment-information-sharing-services-siss.html).
- Created technologies for privacy-preserving social network analysis (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/privacy-preserving-social-network-analysis.html).
- Developed technologies to combine multiple information sources in real-time to get the pulse of the Internet on a particular issue (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/sound-index.html).
- Created a data ingestion pipeline for structured and non-structured data (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/mongoose.html).
- Piloted solution for forensic technologies for cloud computing systems (http://www.proficiencylabs.com/cloud-forensics.html).